Edmonton, Alberta, Canada's Premier Flight School

International Students

Studying in Canada is a relatively straightforward process, but depending on your circumstances there may be a number of steps that require a considerable amount of calendar time to complete. To begin, you should do the following:

  1. Contact Centennial

    Centennial Flight Centre is a Designated Learning Institute and fully authorized to offer flight training to foreign students. If you are interested in taking your flight training in Canada, complete our International Student Application (PDF - 141KB). If you have any questions phone (780) 451-7676 or email us. We will assist you to develop and schedule a programme of courses (and the associated costs) that suit your needs. Basic costs are provided on our Courses webpage but need to be adjusted to meet your specific needs. We will also provide you with the letter of acceptance required as part of your application for a Study Permit; and help you find accommodation in Edmonton.

    After arrival in Edmonton you will be provided with assistance and guidance in dealing with your new environment and accessing any services and support you may need.

  2. Determine Your Immigration Requirements

    Citizenship and Immigration Canada provides information on Studying in Canada, including whether you will need a study permit and how to apply for one, health insurance, obtaining a work permit, and other things you will need to consider.

  3. Undergo Medical Examinations

    Depending on what country you are from, you may require an Immigration Medical Examination prior to entering Canada. Regardless of what country you are from, you will be required to pass an aviation medical examination for your training. Transport Canada provides a searchable list of Civil Aviation Medical Examiners outside of Canada that can perform this examination.

  4. Obtain A Visa

    If your training will take more than six months to complete, you will require a Study Permit. If your training will take less than six months to complete, a Study Permit is not required but may be desirable, depending on whether you plan to work part time or think your stay will be extended. Depending on the country you are from, you may require a Temporary Resident Visa, regardless of the length of your stay.

About Edmonton

Edmonton, Alberta

With a growing population of nearly one million, Edmonton is a thriving, metropolitan city that retains the convenience and sense of community typically encountered in much smaller cities. Newcomers will find all the services and facilities provided in any major city in the world, yet still be able to quickly fit in and become comfortable living in a new country. Not only is Edmonton a warm and welcoming city, residents enjoy one of the lowest costs of living in North America.

Edmonton is the capital of the province of Alberta, and is well known for its beautiful river valley, excellent recreational opportunities, and expansive park system - the largest of any urban centre in North America. Edmonton hosts a number of world-class festivals, including the Folk Festival, The Works, Street Performers Festival, K-Days, Shakespeare in the Park, First Night, A Taste of Edmonton, and the world famous Fringe Festival - the largest festival of alternative theatre in North America.

Centennial Flight Centre
Hangar 42, Villeneuve Airport
26-27018 SH633
Sturgeon County, AB, Canada
T8T 0E3
How to Find Us
780-451-7676 (p)
780-452-3575 (f)

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada's Premier Flight School